Monday 20 February 2017

Painting: Battlefront Luchs Spah Grupp (TGBX05)

Last week I reviewed the Battlefront Luchs Spah Grupp. The first of the 2 patrols of 2 cars is now painted up.

In order to eventually tell the 2 units apart, rather than use turret numbers - which I find hard to see from the table top, I have elected to add Jerry cans to the side of the 2 cars in the first unit. I will add different stowage to the 2nd unit.

You may recall I originally detailed my plan for painting up the vehicles in the army here. This plan didn't survive first contact with the brush and was altered when I painted up my Leopard IIs. At that point I swapped Black Grey for Panzer Gray.  For the Luchs, I have kept the Panzer Gray but used Soviet Green for the base colour. I think this is an improvement and will keep this scheme for the next unit.

This unit was a ton of fun to paint. I think my technique is improving and cannot wait to paint up the next unit. But that is a post for another day!

Onto the photos. Enjoy!:













No comments:

Post a Comment