Friday 7 April 2017

Painting: Battlefront Oberst Rettemeier in Panzer IIIJ (GE886)

Today Oberst Rettemeier's Panzer IIIJ rolls off the production line.


For those 3 people following my blog, you will remember I reviewed this lovely character model here.

I have had lots of fun painting up this vehicle. Here are the steps I took (all Vajello except where noted):

Oops - some careless green on the hull.

  1. Spray white undercoat.
  2. Iraqi Sand base coat.
  3. I used a variety of colours on the stowage - Green Gray for the sandbags, Khaki for the canvas, Luftwaffe Camo Green for the barrel, German Camo Brown for the boxes.
  4. Rettemeier himself is Russian Uniform.
  5. I then washed the whole tank with Army Painter Strong Tone.
  6. I then went back over the Iraqi sand leaving the nooks and crannies.
  7. The stowage and Rettemeier's uniform was then highlighted the relevant base colour with a touch of Iraqi sand.
  8. The road wheels and bucket are black gray. 
  9. I then gave the tracks and road wheels a light dry brush with Iraqi sand


So, my commander in chief is painted. Back to the rest of my panzer IIIs and IVs. I hope you enjoyed this article.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for this painting guide. I hope you don't mind me following this for my DAK force.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you found it useful. Good luck with your DAK!

    ReplyDelete