Sunday 16 April 2017

Review: Axis and Allies Sd Kfz 231 (8-rad)

Today I take a look at another Axis and Allies (A&A) model - The Sd Kfz 231 (8-rad).


Like the A&A panzer IIIs I reviewed a while back, these models have been sitting on the shelf for several years. It seemed crazy to not paint these up for my new DAK force.


Like all A&A models, these came fully assembled, pre-painted and table ready. They are painted in an appropriate colour (for Europe anyway) and are decalled. They are a great easy way to build a force if you can still find some of these.


On the negative side though, these are not highly detailed showcase pieces. They are designed as game pieces. The tires, 20mm cannon barrel and hatches are all lacking in any real details. The turret doesn't rotate and most notably on these models in particular, the paint job is very average. The turret and hull are different shades of gray and the wash has been badly applied.


I will paint these up and see how they go. Before I do, I will wash these in soapy water, apply some stowage and try to fit a commander in the hatch. Stay tuned for a painting post. I hope you enjoyed this review.


No comments:

Post a Comment