Thursday 11 January 2018

US Bolt Action: 2nd Wave

BAR Gunner from the 29th Infantry.
My US Bolt Action force continues to grow. Today I add 2 more units.


Last week I shared my first ever unit for Bolt Action - an 8 man squad of US infantry. You can see that post here. The army has grown since then and today I reveal the 2nd wave of a bazooka team and another squad of infantry.


First up the bazooka. The bazooka and the loader are made from the same infantry box that the infantry squad are from. The weapons frame not only contains a bazooka, there is also a bazooka round and a bazooka ammo bag. I think the loader really looks the part with the bag and round. I choose to glue the bag to the ground showing that the team had stopped and taken up a fire position. Really, I figured it would make it easy to pick the figure out from my carry box and on the table.


The GI firing the bazooka was actually painted up at the same time as the first squad. The loader was painted up in the 2nd batch with the second squad. The second squad didn't get a highlight on the flesh after the wash and I think this makes them look better. You can see the difference in the photos below.


Otherwise the painting was exactly the same method as the original squad.


Next up squad two.


Like the first squad, I wanted to run an NCO with a SMG, 2 BARs and 5 rifles. Given the box only has 3 BARs, I went with 1 BAR and plan to add another one down the track when I cracked my starter army box.


So, what you see here is just the 7 men, pending reinforcement.


Well, that's it for today's update.


I hope you enjoyed this article.

No comments:

Post a Comment