Wednesday 22 February 2017

Treasures from the Top Drawer: Battlefront Panzer III Objective.

In my Not a New Years Resolution post, I listed six focus points for the year. Number 2 was the DESERT. Yes the word was capitalised. :) Number 6 was to finish off some of my part painted lead. Well today I am reporting that I have with one single objective, worked on both of those subject areas. I present you with my completed Battlefront Panzer III objective. I don't have the blister and I cannot find this objective in the online store, so I cannot share the code. Perhaps the objectives are discontinued.

This stand was started just after I finished painting some DAK infantry as a test piece for some armour. It was then abandoned as I moved onto an urgent project and the objective lingered part-painted in the top drawer.


It was undercoated in black from the period when I undercoated all my models this way. It had simply then had a drybrush of Iraqi Sand. I have now fully painted the tank in Iraqi Sand, trying to hit every black nook and cranny. I painted the tracks and tarps German Camouflage Medium Brown, the helmets in Desert Yellow and German Camouflage Green and the loose wheels Iraqi Sand. The whole model was washed in Dark Shade before highlighting the tank in Iraqi Sand and the other components with a mix of the base colour and Iraqi Sand. The base is Desert Yellow with a drybrush of Dark Sand. The base colours match my infantry. I will finish the base with tufts and other pieces once I decide on a scheme.


I hope this is the first of many posts as I pull down treasures from the top drawer and finish them off. I hope you enjoyed this post.


No comments:

Post a Comment